Information and Records
10.2 Admissions Policy
It is our intention to make our setting accessible to children and families from all sections of the local community. We aim to ensure that all sections of our community have access to the setting through open, fair and clearly communicated procedures.
Little Footprints Nursery ensures that the existence of our setting is widely advertised in places accessible to all sections of the community.
- We ensure that the information about our setting is accessible, in written and spoken form and, where appropriate, in more than one language. Where necessary, we will try to provide information in Braille, or through British Sign Language. We will provide translated written materials where language needs of families suggest this is required as well as access to an interpreter.
- We arrange our waiting list in birth order. In addition our policy may take into account the following:
- The vicinity of the home to the setting; and
- Siblings already attending the setting.
- We keep a place vacant, if this is financially viable, to accommodate an emergency admission.
- We describe our setting and its practices in terms that it make clear that it welcome both fathers and mothers, other relations and other carers including child-minders.
- We describe our setting and its practices in terms of how it treats each child and their family, having regard to their needs arising from their gender, special educational needs, disabilities, social background, religion, ethnicity or from English being a newly acquired additional language.
- We describe our setting and its practises in terms of how it enables children and/or parents with disabilities to take part in the life of the setting.
- We monitor the gender and ethnic background of children joining the group to ensure that our intake is representative of social diversity.
- We make our Valuing Diversity and Promoting Equality Policy widely known.
- We consult with families about opening times of the setting to ensure we accommodate a broad range of family need.
- We are flexible about attendance patterns to accommodate the needs of individual children and families, providing these do not disrupt the pattern of continuity in the setting that provides stability for all the children.